Maintaining control over your domain name is important. In some cases you may need to allow others to make changes to your domain name’s settings. The safest way to do so is to “Share Access”.
The following steps should only be taken when an actual change in ownership of the domain occurs.
- Log into your account where the domain is currently registered. (If you don’t remember where it was register, a quick search on whois.net should tell you!)
- Once logged in, find the domain you need to transfer, and go to the Transfer Domain option.
- In most cases, you’ll need to Unlock the domain before it can be transferred.
- Enter the email address of the individual who will be taking over ownership of the domain and submit the change.
- Domain name transfers can take a few days–sometimes even a few weeks.